Friday, August 06, 2004

HYW(Duncan2): Fealty of Hereford and Essex

The new Duncan2 Hundred Years War game began April 16, 2004. I joined the game the next day as Montecute (292), then switched to de Bohun (101) based on a new variant that allows players to switch once to a different PC within the same nationality. This will be my first time playing as English, having been twice French and never Other. Below is my oath of fealty to my royal overlord, the King of England.

Your Majesty Edward III Plantagenet, King of England and Ireland, Lords and Ladies of Christendom,

I, William de Bohun, claiming to be the head and fifth in name of the noble lineage of Hereford and Essex, and in the presence of honorable Christian Lords and Ladies, do hereby swear upon these four gospels of God fealty and loyalty to King Edward, third of such name, of the House of Plantagenet. I shall defend thee with my words and sword against all enemies, and my life is to the glorious cause of England in peace and in war.

Made in the Fall of the year of the Incarnation of the Lord 1337. Witnessed by His Grace Archbishop of Canterbury.

Signed and Sealed by William de Bohun, 5th Earl of Hereford and Essex, Baron of Colchester and Chelmsford, Lord of Llandrindod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home